Friday, March 29, 2013

Feature a Friend {on Friday}

We are back - up and running again with Feature a Friend!  I met PJ through Linked In and was thrilled when she agreed to do a post for my blog :)  So without further chit chat here is Patti from Cherish Each Precious Day!


Today, I am pleased to share something fun with you!  Elizabeth Mindemann has a fun program on her blog, 'Broken Treasures'.  She calls it "Feature a Friend {on Friday}", and invited me to be her featured friend today!  How exciting!  Elizabeth is a Close to My Heart Demonstrator, so I thought it would be fun to pull out my CTMH stamps, and fun colors of inks and cardstocks.


I'm using two CTMH sets, D1375 Treasures, and D1400 Celebrate the Everyday.  Sadly, I think they are both retired, but I've been looking through the new catalog, and OMG, there are some DARLING stamps! So many of their stamps could be used exactly as I've used this one!  All 6 were made in about 70 minutes yesterday after 8 p.m.!

ANYwho.....I used one of the flowers and stems from the Treasures set, and decided to use the same layout with different colors, edge punches, and embellishments to create a rainbow of cards for a gift.
Stamped the sentiment on this one repeatedly for a HOORAY effect!


These needed to be relatively flat for mailing, so the fru-fru is at a minimum!  It's hard to see, but this flower was stamped, and quickly stamped twice more without reinking, for a shadowed flower.
 


So simple, but fun and delightfully colorful!


And who out there can resist Kraft?  Not me!  Ad some black ink, ribbon, and BLING and it's a winner!


Lately, I have fallen head over heels in like with red, white, and turquoise (and black :)


Absolutely could not make SIX cards with no butterflies! Used my OLD Martha Punch for these.
The yellow ink on my flower was dabbed directly onto the stamp, followed by green. Voila - easy shading!

Sorry this was photo heavy, but sure hope you enjoyed it!


Lovely cards Patti!  Thanks for sharing them - I enjoy photo heavy gives me lots of new ideas! 

If you are interested in posting for Feature a Friend please contact me :)

  
New To Scrapbooking?  Want to give a gift to someone who is just getting started?
Customize your own Close To My Heart starter kit for only $35!


 
Elizabeth

Elizabeth Mindemann alwaysdeeper@hotmail.com www.ejoym.blogspot.com
.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...