Friday, August 10, 2012

Feature a Friend {on Friday}

Welcome back to Feature a Friend - Happy Friday!  Today is a big day!  It is the last day to place an order from the Customer Appreciation Party on my website and be entered to win a brand new Artiste Bundle or $100 shopping spree from Close To My Heart!  More details on that can be found here and believe me right now your chances of winning are GOOD!

We are also partying over on my facebook page with games and prizes so stop on over and play along :)

It is also Feature a Friend day :)  I am so happy to have Mary Ann Jenkins from Rock, Paper, Scissors blog (great name right?!).  I stumbled across her blog from pinterest and she is one talented paper crafter!



I was thrilled when she agreed to be a guest poster (especially considering we had to reschedule because of my absent mommy brain).  So here is Mary Ann with a fabulous project for us . . .

I'm excited to be Guest Blogging here @ Broken Treasures,  a special thank you to Elizabeth for having me!
First, a little about me...
I have 3 awesome boys, 1 sweet little princess and a wonderful husband that are the subjects of many of my scrapbook layouts. I love recording the memories and stories we create in our everyday lives. I've been scrapbooking since 1986, when I heard a commercial on the radio about learning to preserve my family memories. A few patterned papers and decorative scissors later I was hooked, and never imagined scrapbooking would become a passion, or that I would have a room in my home dedicated to the hobby.
One of my favorite things to scrapbook (besides my kids of course!) are old family photos. I like knowing that I am handing down a part of our family history to the next generation.  On this layout, are photos of my Dad in-law when he was just a newborn, along with what would be my kids Great Great Grandparents.



Since there are very few pictures of my Dad in-law as a newborn,I scanned the photos,re-printed them at home, then cut the edges of the photos with a pair of those scissors from 1986 (yep, I still have them!) to give them a vintage look just like the photos did way back when.
I also added the hand made flower that is very quick and easy to make!
For the flower, I punched 7  1" circles from double sided paper.



I then folded 6 of the circles in half to have a center line to follow. Next I folded the sides in, meeting at that center line


After folding, I glued each of the 6 pieces to the last unfolded circle, then added a button to the centerYou now have a perfect embellishment to match your favorite papers!

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope I have inspired you to get out some of those old family photos and start scrapping!
Mary Ann 

Thank YOU Mary Ann for being willing to guest post and inspiring us with your beautiful page!  That flower is adorable and I forsee some of these on my future layouts and cards :)

Have a great Friday and don't forget to stop by my house tonight for some great crafting and fun!  Those not local you are welcome to join us on my facebook page - we'll be playing games all night long :)

Great party going on this week - check out the details here 

 
Elizabeth

Elizabeth Mindemann alwaysdeeper@hotmail.com www.ejoym.blogspot.com
.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...