Friday, July 6, 2012

Feature a Friend {on Friday}

Welcome back to Feature a Friend.  It's Friday!  YAY!  Today's guest is Kelly and she blogs over at Blog Blog Blog
I met Kelly through the Scrapping Everyday Miracles Chit Chat group on facebook.  It is a great place to swap scrapbook ideas.  I love it there and all the ladies in the group have quickly become great friends :)



Here is Kelly with some tips for journaling . . .

While I'm sure there are many scrappers who love hand written journaling I, for one, am not one of those scrappers! I don't like my handwriting but I do feel it adds a personal element to the pages of my family's history. so how do I add "the story" to a page? well I'm glad you asked because that's what I have to show you today! There are many ways to hide or "disguise" your journaling or for that matter your handwriting. Many scrappers utilize their computers for different fonts and sizes. Me? I love hiding my handwriting and using my computer both! For example: this page has lots of hidden "treasures!"


I'll show you what I mean - this is an interactive page with hidden pictures and journaling. The first "flap" on the left has computer journaling and extra photos:  (Elizabeth here to say that I love love love this idea of using flaps on your scrapbook pages!  You can find some Flip Flaps here to make that super easy)


pretty sneaky huh?! this is also a great way to add extra photos! I'm loving this LO and its "hidden" potential!  but wait - there's more! the middle "flap"  has even more to offer:

what's fun about these "flaps" is that you can use different elements to open them to show your hidden "treasures" like the buttons and floss on this flap and/or you can use ribbon that you may have in your stash!
the possibilities are endless! the last "flap" on this LO has journaling which is my own handwriting and extra photos:

there are just so many ways to "hide" elements on your LOs. Check out your local scrapbook store for envelopes that are pre-made where you can hide journaling and extra photos. Or you can make your own "pockets" like on this next LO:
I made a "pocket" on the right side of this LO that is hiding my journaling which is handwritten:


this has hopefully been a helpful little tutorial on the "hidden potential" of  your scrapbook pages and LOs. I know I had a blast in doing this and I hope you will too!


Thank you so much Kelly for sharing these layouts with us - they a Flip Flapulous :)  I love using Flip Flaps!
Please stop by Kelly's blog and give her some love!  If you would like to be a guest poster on Feature a Friend contact me via e-mail at alwaysdeeper at hotmail dot com.  Have a great weekend!   

 
Here is this week's Perfect Pair:
Available July 6-10 (or whiles supplies last)
FREE with an online order of $75 ($15.90 value)




 
Elizabeth

Elizabeth Mindemann alwaysdeeper@hotmail.com www.ejoym.blogspot.com
.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...