Monday, April 16, 2012

My Sister, My Friend

 It is time for the SEM monthly sketch challenge and I hope you'll stop over.  This month we have a great sketch from Lisa Hoel
 
 
And I made this layout of my sister and I
 

 


The scrap twist for this challenge is to do some form of distressing.  I used ink to distress the page, letters in the title and the journaling block.  Love using ink to distress items - gives it a vintage look that I just love!  
 
 My sister is only 16 months younger than I am and I remember growing up together - we were the best of friends and the worst of enemies.  I am the oldest of six children (five of which are girls) and each one of my sisters (and now a sister-in-law) hold a special place in my heart.  I love that I can laugh, cry, scrapbook and have fun with them.  Reba McEntire's song My Sister was the inspiration behind this title and journaling.  I just love that song! 
 
So glad you stopped by today - I enjoy sharing my memories and artwork with you all :)  Now head on over to Scrapping Everday Miracles and join our challenge.  I can't wait to see what you create with this beautiful sketch!  Have fun with it and don't forget to distress (everyone needs a little de stressing in their lives why not their artwork too - lol).  I love your comments. 

Recipe:
Stella Paper Pack
Art Philosophy Cartridge (for title and shaped pattern paper cut out behind the photos)
Just Blooms Paper Flowers
Buttons

 

linking up here
Elizabeth

4 comments:

  1. I love your page, Elizabeth! I don't know what I'd do without my sisters so pages like this always tug at my heart. I'm not familiar with the song, but I can definitely relate to what you've shared in your post. I need to do a sister page! I really like how you layered the title slightly over the journaling box. I just love layers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeannine! The song is by Reba McEntire (I'm a sucker for country music) and you'll find the video link here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XEGu2TOiZ0

      Delete
  2. hi, Elizabeth! your LO is very beautiful and it has such a special story in it! ♥
    thank you so much for you visiting my blog and thank you for your sweet comments! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Svetlana you are so welcome! It was my pleasure to visit and comment on your blog - I can not believe how gorgeous your pages are! You are so talented and I'm very inspired by you :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...