Thursday, October 27, 2011

Handmade Halloween

I have two boys and one little girl who needed outfits for dressing up this year.  I'm not sure what I think about Trick or Treating and all that goes with it but I know my kids love love love to dress up (and who doesn't like candy?).  So this is not a post for or against the holiday it is just a tutorial on making your own costumes :)

We always have a party at church around Halloween and the children are encouraged to dress up in Bible Character or Reformation Character themed costumes.

Last year the boys went at Joshua and Caleb (the two good spies) - Numbers 13


This year I found a tutorial on Tip Junkie blog for a tool belt.





The boys are "wise men" (despite Joshua's face) who build their house on the rock :)
Matthew 7:25-27 & Luke 6:46-49

Yes, my little girl is dressed as Minnie Mouse and no I do not believe that Minnie Mouse is a Bible character or Reformation character.  She just went as a little girl :)




Linking up with the following:

Tip Junkie handmade projects
Want over $400 worth of crafting materials for only $99?  More information here!

Thanks for stopping by!  I love your comments :)  And don't forget about my GIVEAWAY :) 

Elizabeth Mindemann alwaysdeeper@hotmail.com www.ejoym.blogspot.com
.

1 comment:

  1. You are one of the most creative people. Those costumes are great. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...