Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Easy Peasy Flower Headband

My daughter is in need of new headbands.  Now one can not have too many flower head bands so I decided to try my hand at making my own for her.  It was so super easy!  I bought precut squares of fabric at the local store in town and two packages of white elastic.



I measured a piece of the elastic around my daughter's head and cut it to fit.  Then I sewed the ends together in a circle.  Using 2 1/2 squares of yellow fabric I followed this tutorial (for the wreath I made with these flowers select here) except I use the CTMH Art Philosophy Cartirdge for my Cricut to cut my flowers.  Did you know you can use your cricut to cut fabric?  You can and it is so easy.


and added a small Rhinestone Brad from Close To My Heart in the center.




Sunday morning I was getting my daughter dressed for church and noticed 5 minutes before we had to walk out the door that she had started to tear the flower off her dress!  Ugh what's a mother to do?  I guess I could have just changed her but instead I made quick made her a flower for her dress that matched her headband.


Sorry you can't see the dress really in the top photo - it was filthy because my daughter does NOT eat like a lady and I did not have time to wash it before posting.  Thanks for understanding.

Next one I make I will put the flower over the sewing (genius idea don't you think - don't know why I didn't think of that BEFORE I glued the flower on) but it still works fine because the sewing is at the base of the neckline and you can't see it anyway :)


Five minutes!  Seriously this could not be easier or faster!

Want over $400 worth of crafting materials for only $99?  More information here!

Linking with: Sundae Scoop, Making the World Cuter,

         Todays Creative Blog and Lisa's Creative Corner

And don't forget about my GIVEAWAY :) 

Elizabeth Mindemann alwaysdeeper@hotmail.com www.ejoym.blogspot.com
.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...