Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Autumn wreaths and decorations

Ever since I discovered pinterest.com I am so more organized (at least on-line) ;)  I love searching the web for things I want to make and having them all in the same place to find!  Here are a few of the Autumn decorations that I so wanted to make (of course I can not make them all so I'm sharing them here with you).  






Shoestring Sophistication


Keeping It Simple


Little Things Bring Smiles

I decided to go with the yarn wreath since I have never made one before and it seemed simple enough.  I found the tutorial for the felt flowers here


  Here is what you need . . . 

Yarn, foam wreath form, felt (for flowers), other floral decorations (if you want) and ribbon (which I forgot to put in the photograph)


Start with a small dab of hot glue and begin the yarn there.  Then I just kept wrapping tightly over the whole frame.  Really it was pretty simple - finish off with some hot glue.



Then I glued on the felt flowers, green hydrangeas and orange berries using a hot glue gun and tied a ribbon at the top for hanging.  

 Thanks for stopping by - like always your comments are read and much appreciated by this stay-at-home Mama :)  

Linking with the following:
Todays Creative Blog
Todays Creative BLog
MakingThe Southern Institute












Want over $400 worth of crafting materials for only $99?  More information here!


And don't forget about my GIVEAWAY :) 
Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. It turned out great! How much would you say all the materials cost? I'm thinking these would make simple Christmas presents... ??

    I love pinterest too, even if I don't ever do half of those things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lullabelle one! I definitely wanna make! Oh and btw i need help with my BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I do like yours! The flower/berry combination is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...