Friday, September 9, 2011

Smores Bar

As promised here are the details of the Camping Party decorations and Smores Bar.  You can find an overview of the party here.  First I made wooden signs using old wood (some we had in our garage and some from a friend) and white paint.   



The Camp Caleb sign hung above the Smores Bar with white lights and paper lanterns that we made.  I posted previously about how to make these paper lanterns - they were super fast and easy plus you can use any paper you have on hand - making them inexpensive.  It also helps dress up a room and you can make it any theme or color scheme just by using different papers.


Using chalkboard paint and a cabinet door I made this chalkboard.  


We had Traditional Smores, Peanut Butter Cup Smores, Smores Trail mix and Smores Poptarts.  Plus a variety of marshmallows in different sizes.


I made food signs using the Art Philosophy Cartridge for the Cricut.  I cut out scalloped circles 2 1/2 inches and then regular circles 2 inches.  Using a variety of stamp sets I stamped the tags and then taped them to toothpicks.



For the Smores Mix I mixed together Teddy Graham Crackers (you could also use chocolate ones), mini marshmallows, and M&M's (Peanut Butter and regular).  


We also had a photo booth set up.  I made the ADVENTURE sign and pinned it to a white sheet.  This was a pain in the you know what to hang up but we eventually got it to stay.  More on the photo booth in another post.


Finally, I used the Art Philosophy Cartridge to make favor boxes.  I found these super cute smores kits at Giggles Galore Blog.  I first cut out the largest size French Fry Box from Kraft paper.  I made two for each favor box and pasted them back to back.  Then I cut out red scalloped circle (2 1/2 inch) and regular 2 inch circles in Kraft paper.  I stamped Thanks on one and made a campfire on the other.  Each box was filled with graham crackers, a chocolate bar, marshmallows and 2 peanut butter cups.  These were Smores Kits for the boys to take home.



Have a great day and don't forget about my giveaway this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...