Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Graditude

How - To on these journals can be found
at thesoutherninstitute blog

If you have been following my blog since "the beginning" you know that I have highly recommended Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts and her Blog A Holy Experience.  In her book she talks about keeping a gratitude journal.  I love how artistically she writes.  She is inspiring in the way she finds beauty and blessing in everything around her!  

"4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:4-7)


Linda Dillow shares that it is "our thought life-not our circumstances-determines whether we are content.  Our thought life-not our friends, husband, children, job or anything else-determines our contentment!"  


We need to:

  • choose to give our anxieties to God
  • choose to pray specifically
  • choose to be thankful
  • choose to dwell on the positive


For me this involves keeping a gratitude journal.  I started with number one (a very good place to start) and will just keep on going.  I write everything that is happening around me as a blessing from God.


Photo found here with instructions on a simple way to decorate a composition journal.

  
Photo and instructions found at Jeanette Lynton's blog here


How will you worship in your creativity today? 


I am praying for you today, dear ones, as I pray for my own strength.  May we be faithful in what we have been given.  Comments are read and appreciated, 

3 comments:

  1. a much needed message! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! I'm going to buy a journal the next time I get to the store then I'm going to fancy it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the Linda Dillow quote is powerful! Between the economy and job insecurity I needed this message today. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...