Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cake Card

So I was in some need of inspiration.  The blog sites just were not doing it for me last night.  As I was trying to come up with something for Mojo Monday the sketch was great but I just was blanking on what to do.  So I went to my Wishes How-To book and found a very (and do I ever mean VERY) simple template to make a three tiered cake on a card.  I love it.  After I'm done posting I'm off to make a birthday cards and some more wedding ones.  So here is the sketch from Mojo Monday


Also for this challenge you can enter as many times as you want!  So I'm going to try to take this sketch to a scrapbook page and then another card - probably birthday so you may see this sketch a few times this week!

Here is a short tutorial on the cake . . .
You need:


3 (4 strips of paper if doing a candle on your cake) strips of paper (any color) meaduring
  • 1 1/2" x 2 1/2"
  • 1" x 2"
  • 3/4" x 1 1/2"
  • (If doing a candle - which I did not do for a wedding cake)
1/2" x 1/8"

Round two corners on each of your paper strips

Stack the papers together.  Decorate each "tier" however you choose.  I stamped mine with a flourish stamp and then added tiny flowers.  On the flowers I put liquid glass.  Then I used the blending pen to dot pink on the cake.  



For the sentiment at the bottom I used THREE different stamps.  I just didn't have exactly what I wanted to say in one stamp.  This is something I love about the clear stamps I use.  First I ink up the stamp and then using a paper towel sprayed with stamp cleaner I wipe away the part I don't want to stamp creating the perfect title or card sentiment! 

Using the "Pearfect", "You're special", and "Together Forever" stamps I removed the parts I didn't want and combined the parts I did want to get "You're Pearfect Together".  

Add caption
I added lace because this week's Heart 2 Heart challenge is making a card using lace.  And the final result is my wedding card here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...