Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Schooling options - Already?

I remember the first time I had a "play date" for my son with friends of mine and their kids.  He was not quite a year old and the conversation turned to schooling.  What are you going to do for schooling?  I remember thinking "what am I going to do for schooling?  I'm still wondering what I'm going to do about this small child that demands so much of my attention.  Not to mention the fact that I am pregnant again with a surprise - yeah I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do about that!  Schooling?!"  This is my son at the time of this discussion.

 Well here I am just a few days later (or at least it feels like that) and my oldest is ready to enter Kindergarten in the fall.  What am I going to do about schooling?  My family now . . .


There was a time in my life when I believed the words "homeschooling" and "me" would never be in the same sentence!  But now my husband and I are giving it some serious thought.  For those of you who do homeschooling and those of you who don't, for those of you who are thinking about it and for those of you who know you will never think about it I recommend this post by Ann Voskamp, Why Would Anyone Be Crazy Enough To Homeschool?.  I found it very helpful for me, hope it helps you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...